Sunday, October 8, 2023

It's in the mail

 Among the various social media sites that I regularly visit are a couple of quaint ones that are devoted to mailboxes.  Since they are in England, the mail collection boxes, or pillar boxes, are often very old and usually have a lot of character.  They also tend to be located in scenic locations which makes for beautiful photography.  This inspires me to follow their example, even though my efforts may not be as compelling.  The standard USPS blue collection box doesn't seem to be as photogenic as an English pillar box, and their locations not as scenic.  Regardless, I now present the first in what I hope will be a long running series:  mailbox spotting.

First up is a box incongruously located at the edge of a suburban strip mall parking lot.  I wonder who uses it- the nearby store staff?  Perhaps passing customers?  It has both a walkup drop slot and a drive-by chute for automobiles.  I'm curious how much this peripheral box is used.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment