Monday, August 5, 2024

Beginnings

 On this day in 1989, a new chapter of my life began.  In the Cathedral of St. Paul, my lifelong family priest, Fr. Donald Pock asked me that all-important question, to which I replied, "I do."  This began a 35-year long adventure that continues to today.  Kathy and I have seen a lot so far, and I can't wait for what the future holds.  In my otherwise unremarkable life, I've always been proud of an enduring marriage.  I can offer no secret advice on how to achieve it, but am only glad that it's happened to me. So on this day as I reflect to how things have changed over the decades, I am grateful for the steady foundation that underlies it all- a happy and healthy marriage.  And as retirement looms and a new phase of life is about to begin, there is no one I'd rather experience it with than Kathleen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment