Monday, October 5, 2026

Happy Anniversary

 Today begins a new year of Postcrossing, after I concluded my 14th year of sending international postcard yesterday.  Yes, it's already been 14 years that I have been involved in the group of postal mail enthusiasts.  In that time, I've mailed 12,558 postcard and received 12,565 cards from random people all around the world.  This is enough for me to be ranked 25th of 84,000 Postcrossing members in the USA, and #1 among members in Alabama.  It's been an enjoyable and rewarding hobby that has given me a broader appreciation for lifestyles in countries worldwide.  Among the most frequent comment I hear from those who receive cards from me: "I knew of the Birmingham in the UK, but I didn't know there was one in the southeast USA also," or "Oh, Sweet Home Alabama- I know that song!"  It's been a wonderful 14 years, and I hope to enjoy a few more.  Write on.

The most popular card I've ever sent.


No comments:

Post a Comment