Friday, November 3, 2023

Fountain Pen Day

 Happy Fountain Pen Day! Today we honor the writing instrument as old as writing itself.  Even in the digital age of today, fountain pens flourish as a tool of the creative and the artistic.  I myself am neither, yet I have long enjoyed fountain pens.  I bought my first serious pen as a treat upon finishing grad school.  At some forgotten Detroit-area department store in 1992, I bought a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 146 which has served me well ever since and remains my favorite pen.  I'm not a serious collector of fountain pens; I own only a handful of nice ones.  I can somehow resist the urge to go on a spending spree when I visit the famed Fountain Pen Hospital in New York City and peruse the vast displays of alluring pens.  But I do use the few I own whenever I can.  (Certain writing situations, especially in my work, do not lend themselves to fountain pen use.) Instead of pens, I do collect inks of all sorts and colors.  By far my favorite is Noodler's Ink.  And in my trusty Mont Blanc, with dozens of vivid colors to choose from, I always use Noodler's Black, a "bulletproof" ink that resists the effects of time and forgers to preserve forever whatever I write.

Mont Blan Meisterstuck and Noodler's ink


No comments:

Post a Comment