Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Taste of the Masters

 I'm not much of a golf fan, but when I was invited to a Masters Golf Tournament party this past Sunday, I couldn't pass up the chance.  You see, the party would feature a Taste of the Masters kit, which features all the traditional fare from the actual golf course food kiosks over at Augusta National Golf Club.  It is a famously quaint feature of these food vendors that their prices have not increased in decades.  So the tournament spectators this weekend (they are pointedly called "patrons" by the club) could nibble on a Southern classic pimento cheese sandwich for just $1.50.  Astonishingly inexpensive, as major sporting event venues go, these days.  So while I tackled my steep golf learning curve, I nibbled on delicious sandwiches, caramel corn, and potato chips, just as the patrons at Amen Corner were doing on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment