Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Blog-versary

 And just like that, it's been three years that this blog has been...uh, blogging.  When I wrote the first post on this day in 2023, I really didn't have a solid idea what the blog was about.  I'd done one in the past focused on building a wooden sailboat.  But this one didn't really start out with a central theme, which I figured any blog really needs.  Those that publish "random thoughts" never seem to last, and aren't really that interesting, in my experience.  But as things developed here, I suppose if any theme has emerged, it has been an exploration of analog life.  Classic literature.  Postal mail.  Watercolor paintings. Postcards. Travel. Mechanical typewriters.  Things that are tangible, lasting, and real.  And every word written here is composed - and sometimes even carefully considered and crafted - by a real human being.  An unremarkable human being, sure.  But a real one, and not a pile of silicon microchips at a massive data center. So there's a theme for you: reality.  May it survive and prosper in the coming years.  Write on.



No comments:

Post a Comment