Saturday, October 21, 2023

Rare postcard alert

 I've written previously of my long involvement in Postcrossing, the worldwide postcard exchange project.  In eleven years of sending postcards around the world, I have received to date 9,722 cards from 115 different countries.  So a card from a new country is rare.  But today I received one from the tiny Arab Gulf island nation of Bahrain.  The entire country of Bahrain has only 28 registered Postcrossing members (out of about 1.5 million inhabitants), and in the 18 years Postcrossing has existed, the entire country of Bahrain has collectively sent 3,712 cards.  I have personally sent more than 2.5 times as many cards in only 11 years.  That's all to say a card from Bahrain is rare.  And I now have one in my collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment