Thursday, November 9, 2023

Stats, we got stats

 I've just had a chance to review my Postcrossing stats from October.  I've been slacking, is the basic message.  Last month I sent 94 postcards and received 96.  My national ranking by number of sent cards is 29, but I am still number 1 in Alabama.  I used to have a little more motivation:  there is a Postcrossing member in Mobile named Ed who was sending cards at a rate in which he would have eventually taken my leading position in Alabama.  But then a few months ago, his activity dropped off significantly.  So that's taken the pressure off.  I'm not an unusually competitive person by nature, but having attained the lead ranking in Alabama, I'd be very disappointed to lose it.  Without Ed's push, I find myself slowing my own sending activity.  I could attribute it to outside factors.  It's college basketball season, and I have season tickets to a local team.  Things have been especially busy at work.  I'm getting older, and sleep in later in the mornings, rather than writing cards as I used to.  Whatever the reason, my postcard activity has slowed.  What I need is a whole weekend without other obligations to catch up on my usual frantic postcard sending pace.



No comments:

Post a Comment